Blogging is the best way to connect with others. In addition to this, blogging is more than just writing a post but finding the best blogging platform is important. Are you searching for the most popular blogging platforms to start your own blog? Here, in this post, we have explained the best ten blogging platforms in 2021. Most Popular Blogging Platforms
Furthermore, if you are new to blogging, then choose the blogging that is created for beginners. These top ten blogging websites available and various benefits as well as drawbacks of using the platform to create your blog website.
Let’s get started!
Table of Content
WordPress.org is an open-source platform that helps millions of individuals launch blogs on the World Wide Web. Moreover, it is a popular platform that powers around 39 percent of all the websites on the internet. And, it approx one-third of the web.
In addition to this, WordPress.org is a self-hosted WordPress option that means you need a hosting provider. Apart from this, the most interesting thing about the WordPress.org platform is a lot of WordPress themes and plugins. Without a doubt for blogging, the blog plugin like the Blog Designer Pro helps you to make your blog more eye-catching. You can easily design the blog layout as per your need and give it a WOW factor.
- WordPress is completely free to install for your website. It also has free themes and plugins to use.
- It is a great content management system that lets you create any type of website from a blog to an ECommerce store.
- This platform is totally customizable through coding.
- With the SEO plugin, you can add extra SEO features to your website and increase your website rank on SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
- You can easily add different functionality to your website using various WordPress plugins.
- You need to manage your personal website hosting, backup, plugin on your own.
- The other disadvantage of this WordPress is that it can be vulnerable in multiple cases. Since WordPress is an open-source platform, it opens the room to potential hackers.
Important Reading: Why You Should Invest in Blogging? The Importance of Blogging
Wix is an amazing website builder that permits you to mix a blog at the click of a button. In addition to this, Wix makes it simple to integrate your blog with your website. This drag and drop website builder provides lots of free templates for developing your website. It also provides 500 MB storage and 1 GB bandwidth with a free Wix account.
Importantly, it is all easy to use, even if you have no prior experience in creating websites. With the Wix platform, updating your blog on mobile is a painless experience. Yet, you can not create an archive in Wix’s blogging tool, and you can not insert an RSS feed, which makes it more challenging to update content.
- Wix is beginner-friendly, so it is quick and easy to build a website.
- This platform is great for long-term growth and integration with the website.
- This platform supports fewer blogging features compared to WordPress.com.
WordPress.com is easy to set up a platform and presents a basic blog service for free but provides limited control on your website. As we discussed above, WordPress.org gives you complete control over designing your website, but you are required to find hosting separately. However, WordPress.com is a separate service from the same company that allows both hosting and a website building tool.
The WordPress.com platform is considerately aimed at beginners rather than designers. That means it is more comfortable to use compared to WordPress.org. On the other side, you will have very few options over how your website will view and function.
- WordPress.com is easy to use, and no setup is required. So, you can start your work in a few minutes.
- Importantly, this platform handles website backup and security for you.
- It is free to use if you do not mind your website name is blog1.WordPress.com.
- In this platform, your free website will have ads on it, and you can not make money with them with networks like Google Ads.
- It has fewer customization tools compared to WordPress.org.
- If you do like to remove their ads and branding, then get your own domain. The cost of it is $4 per month.
Blogger is one of the oldest blog platforms for bloggers. You must have a Google account to get started but may have some significant deal-breakers for some looking to improve their website. With this platform, you can create a beautiful blog that suits your requirements.
In the Blogger platform, choose from easy to use and attractive templates. And, all those templates including flexible layouts and several background images or designs.
- Blogger platform is easy to start and create a blog without paying anything.
- The biggest advantage of this platform is owned by Google so it provides more security and reliability.
- This platform provides limited options for design customization.
- You can not really grow your blog with a very limited blogging tool that is provided by this blogger platform.
The Squarespace is a great blogging website builder platform. It provides remarkable designs that help you to create an attractive post. In addition to this, the platform is quite recognized for its beautiful templates or layouts.
Furthermore, this platform has strong blogging features to create a powerful blogging website. Moreover, it also supports powerful SEO tools to get your content in front of blog readers and attract more visitors. It used to be that on their lowest paid plan, you are limited to only twenty pages. If you are a complete SEO beginner, then it may take a little while to get comfortable with these tools. Right! However, Squarespace supports in-depth SEO guides to help you get started.
- The Squarespace is simple and easy to use for individuals who are not very good at technical stuff.
- This platform offers some beautiful and professionally created website templates, so your website seems wonderful without much effort.
- The Squarespace platform does not support third-party applications as well as extensions.
- It supports limited marketing, so not several marketing tools are provided.
Weebly is a famous blogging platform because it is easy to use. If you are new to blogging, then it might be a great choice. With Weebly, you can create a stunning website and add a blog page without touching any website code. In addition to this, Weebly will take care of all the technical things in the background and make sure your blog loads quickly and is easily available to readers.
Furthermore, the Weebly platform supports drag-and-drop website themes that are easy to design. Importantly, all of Weebly’s themes are mobile responsive. Additionally, scheduled publishing is really easy with the Weebly platform. You can set your particular blog to go live at a specific time. If you write your blog in the evening, but Weebly analytics shows you your blog readers engage in the morning, so you can publish your blog until then.
- In the Weebly platform hosting is included even in the free plan is an amazing thing.
- With the Weebly platform, you get access to customizable layouts, lots of free themes, and the usual sharing features to help develop your blog posts visitors.
- The Weebly platform does not provide various choices for 3rd-party services.
- This platform also supports limited built-in features to customize the functionality of your website.
Joomla is a totally free open-source platform available to everyone to build dynamic and robust websites. In addition to this, the platform has been used by some of the most online recognizable brands such as iHop, Harvard, and many more. It is also able to carry out tasks from corporate websites, blogs to social media networks as well as E-commerce.
Moreover, Joomla has some important benefits over many of its opponents. It is a full-featured CMS platform, easy to learn, and quick to set up for any website. To create a website with this platform, you do not need to know anything related to programming or Web development to set up and customize a website. You just tap into its open codebase to create something unique to your visitors.
- Joomla is an open-source platform permitting you to use code without worrying about licensing fees. It also provides a lot of free extensions and templates.
- Joomla platform uses complete PHP scripting that is a well-known web development language. So, the compatibility problems should be limited when you are using the framework of Joomla.
- Most importantly, Joomla has a huge user community where you can easily get guidance, tips, tricks tutorials to assist you in developing your blogging website.
- Joomla is a little bit complex and makes it difficult to organize your own custom design.
- Joomla has compatibility problems when you simultaneously install various modules, extensions, as well as plugins.
Medium is an online publishing platform that permits you to import your content anywhere on the World Wide Web. However, if you are looking for the best blogging platform to make money, then you will want to go with another platform since you can not monetize your blog post.
Furthermore, Medium is the platform to blog if you want your words to be taken seriously. It is a content-first type of platform, so you can write your blog, and they handle the design or layout.
- This platform is easy to use, and rarely any setup is required.
- The Medium platform provides an amazing reporting tool, so you can learn more about your readers and how they are engaging with your blog post.
- With this platform, you have limited control over your content.
- This platform provides limited features with very few options to customize your website.
LiveJournal is a well-known blogging platform as it is available in various languages, and you can make a blog in your native language. It is the best platform for artists such as authors, photographers, and writers who like to share their skills and make their artworks famous on the web.
On the contrary, LiveJournal may not be your primary option if you are looking to create a professional or business blog for yourself. However, you can make a small journal on this website to gain visitors to your main blog. There are various categories available on LiveJournal that you can choose to improve your presence as a business owner or services provider.
- LiveJournal is a free blogging platform in which you can make any type of blogs such as a weblog, photoblog, audio blog, or video blog. If you require some more features, then you can also easily sign up for the paid version.
- Various individuals do not want to reveal their identity on the blogs when they blog some mature content and that is the reason you are not restricted to provide your personal information on this platform and you can blog unknowingly on this blogging platform.
- LiveJournal lacks several features as a blogging platform that you require for your business or professional blogs.
- You have to handle many ads in the free version that is not a good sign for professional and individual blogs.
- LiveJournal is not providing any professional templates compared to other blogging platforms.
Tumblr is a great blogging platform and also an easy to use blogging website in the globe. This platform permits individuals to immediately publish stories, multimedia, and other content on the social media network. The fascinating part about this platform is that it instantly connects its users one to another and makes it a friendly online space for everybody.
In this platform, from creating a free account to writing the first blog post, everything will be ready in a few clicks. Importantly, Yahoo can illustrate that there are more than 300 million blogs created with Tumblr.
- Tumblr is a simple, easy to understand, and totally free platform for blogging.
- This platform supports social media integration so you can easily connect a social network to your blog post.
- This platform supports very less options to add functionality to your blog post.
- With this platform, it is hard to export your website to another platform if you want to do so.
That is the end! We hope this article helps you to easily select the best blogging platform right for your blog website. Here we recommend using WordPress.org so you will get complete control of your blog.
If you have any doubt regarding these blogging platforms, then feel free to let us know in the comment section below.